I’ve never been your overly enthusiastic reader or even a slightly enthusiastic reader for that matter. I don’t remember being interested in reading when I was a kid. When asked for what I wanted on my birthday I remember asking for RC cars, board games, computer games and whatnot but that list did not include books. I never considered reading to be worth my time and that too, to the point where I stopped reading my course books.
Two months prior to 2017 I ended up buying myself a Kindle for more money than I could’ve afforded at the time. I thought would read as much as I can because now I have this really thin and portable device with all the books I want to read on it. Mostly because I’d become pretty comfortable on my phone so I set a pretty unrealistic goal of reading 24 books throughout and as unrealistic suggests, I did not end up reading all of them. In fact, I did not even read half of them.
In 2018, I want to attempt the goal I set in 2017, again.
How this list is going to work is:
- Bolded books are the ones on my priority list. They are the ones I will read no matter what.
- Unbolded books are the ones that I want to read but they aren’t a priority.
- Underlined books are the ones I want to revisit.
Here’s the list:
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- The Godfather by Mario Puzo
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- Burnt Tongues by Richard Thomas
- 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- An Astronauts Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
- Finish by Jon Acuff
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba
- Creative Confidence by Tom Kelley
- Mindset by Carol S. Dweck
- Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group by Ian F. Svenonius
Makes photos, videos and writes blog posts from time to time. Super intrigued by personal growth through social media! Follow me on other platforms to chat/look into other things I create: